Youth Development (Expanded Learning, Child Care, Mentoring, Wrap-Around) Tools for Vaccines
COVID-related infections and hospitalizations have increased across the state and country. In order to keep children, youth, and those that work with them safe; Governor Inslee has signed an Executive Order mandating all K12, child care, early learning, higher education, and youth development employees be fully vaccinated or obtain a medical or religious exemption from their employer by October 18th. This impacts all programs and their employees working directly with children and youth, more information here and here.
The Youth Development Strategy Table is working with the Governor’s Office and other state agencies to make sure that we have timely and useful information on how youth development programs show vaccine status to districts and other entities, can work with schools to handle outbreaks and other issues, and to help with the piling challenges related to hiring that are being felt across the youth development field.
The following is a set of information and tools to help educate staff, children, youth, and families on the vaccine, tools to help track employee vaccine status, and other COVID-related information. Please note is that anyone interfacing with children and youth in-person should be considered “staff” for the purposes of the vaccine mandate. This includes paid staff, volunteers, and contractors in the same room or building with children and youth.
If you have any questions, please reach out to David Beard at email@example.com. Thanks for all you do every day to support our children and youth and keep them happy and healthy.
- Vaccine Information and Frequently Asked Questions
- Governor Inslee Vaccine Proclamation for Those Working with Children and Youth (including ELOs, child care, and youth development)
- Research-Based Short Video: How does the immune system work?
- Research-Based Short Video: How were COVID vaccines created so quickly?
- Research-Based Short Video: The side effects of vaccines – how high is the risk?
- Article: Understanding vaccine hesitancy amongst black and brown communities
Options for Vaccine Tracking and Handling Vaccine Exemptions
- Governor Inslee Vaccine Mandate FAQ (this includes templates for medical and religious exemptions)
- Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQ for Child Care, Early Learning, and Youth Development Providers
- Visual Guide to Official Washington State Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- National Employee Vaccine Tracking Information
- Governor Inslee Mask Mandate (August 2021)
- Health/Safety Guidance for Child Care, Youth Development, and Day Camps During COVID-19